Friday, September 11, 2009

Swoon

I contemplated not putting this post as one of my 'daily swoons' because of how much I adore it. This gown reflects my personality oh-so well, being simplistic yet having that special unique touch of girly flair. The lack of detail is actually what I like so much. Take a look at a slideshow from me in middle school until now, and I you would see a lot of solids, not alot of "costume jewelry" or crazy accessories, but adding at least one piece to give it some character. This gown has just that. The bow, oh the bow. It is very difficult to add bows to gowns, clothing, shoes, etc., without making it look too prom-y aka...tacky. What I love about this bow so much is: first of all, it being unlevel. Pointing to the 1:00 and 7:00, the ends add length to the neckline and torso. Second of all, this is no traditional bow. There are no fluffy-looped "ties", and the best part: the "knot" is part of the bust. This hemwork looks flawless and it looks as though the bow was sewn right into the gown.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING this dress oh my goodness - it's amazing!!!

    And thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I just used the already purple wilton melts for the cake balls - I thought that they would be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete